TC TO [JOHN GLEN] ; 25 June 1853; DOI: 10.1215/lt-18530625-TC-JOGL-01; CL 28: 177-178
TC TO [JOHN GLEN]
Chelsea, 25 june 1853
The other night, I saw Lord Stanley; and learned from him that the decision of our affair is not likely to be at “the end of june,” after all; but will probably be postponed into the latter part of july,—the “business of the session” being belated this year, and the Pension-fund not likely to be voted till about then. So that, once more, we must have patience! There is nothing we can do but patiently wait.
My own anticipations have not altered, at any rate have not worsened, since I wrote last: I still hope, from all the indications I can gather, that some little thing will be done for Mrs Glen,—some little, I dare not hope for much;—and she and you may depend upon hearing at once, so soon as a decision is arrived at.
I thought it better to write this word in the meanwhile, that there might be no disappointment by such delay which is otherwise of no consequence to the issue.
Hoping, before long, to send better news,
Yours always truly /